Tuesday, July 23, 2013

In the Quiet.....

O Lord, the scripture says, "there is a time for silence & a time for speech." Savior, teach me the silence of humility, the silence of wisdom, the silence of love, the silence of perfection, the silence that speaks without words, the silence of faith. Lord, teach me to silence my own heart that I may listen to gentle movement of the Holy Spirit within me and sense the depths which are of God.            ~German Prayer

I love this prayer. It speaks volumes to my heart. I am reminded of Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

In 1 Kings 19 scripture tells us that Elijah didn't hear God in the wind, in the earthquake, or in the fire, but in a still, small voice. Yes, a still small voice. That same voice that is heard through the silence of my own heart. Sometimes our outside influences can be a distraction to us but we must remember that a quiet heart is an attentive heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template