Saturday, August 22, 2009

Precious Cargo

Traveling into town recently I noticed things being very quiet in the back seat. So I peeked into my rear view mirror & to my delight I saw Sierra, hair twisted into cute little braids, reading to herself one of her favorite Billy & Blaze books. I could tell she was really into it & I thought it was great when she would stop reading to narrate parts of the story that she found exciting. It just got me to thinking as I looked back at her younger years how things haven't always been such a peaceful ride into town. Mostly full of singing, chatter, questions, & interesting conversations. Lots of life lessons have been discussed along our travel paths. I know we all have small passengers in our lives. It is important for me to remember that I shouldn't just be passing through this life with no regards of the heritage I am leaving behind. God gave me this child as a gift & He has chosen to mold her, shape her, & transform her into the person He desires her to be. But now, O Lord, you are the Father; we are the clay, and you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8
The Lord has chosen to use me as an instrument in this little life. So as it may seem like at times we are just along for the ride, let us not forget we have a higher calling. To travel on a road less traveled, one that leads to an eternal purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template